Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Calla Addiction

Many of you already know that I have a calla lily addiction, I love them! They are my favorite flower to photograph, I find their lines and curves fascinating and so elegant. When you have a favorite subject, the challenge becomes photographing your subject in new and interesting ways. I'd get bored in a hurry taking the same shot over and over, and I do love a challenge!

When I planted my callas this year, I added a new garden for some of them, now I have callas in 4 different areas of our property, which gives me a variety of light to choose from, and I can shoot them at just about any time of day. I'm always looking for new varieties, and add a few to my collection each spring.

Here are a few images I've taken over the summer. The good news for me is that I still have callas blooming, so I'm not finished yet!











Happy shooting!
Kathleen Clemons

5 comments:

MissyC-i-Norge said...

And your calla addiction is infectious! I really enjoyed the PPSoP course run by you and Ron though it was certainly hard work, and definitely not easy to achieve the beauty that you two capture! These are gorgeous! Oh, and I bought my first two Calla plants (a white and a purple/blue).

Anonymous said...

It brings a tear of joy to my eyes to see your magnificent work again, Kathleen. For the rest of my life I will think of you whenever I see or photograph a Cala.

Paul Michko

Anonymous said...

Thanks Christine, hope you had some fun shooting your callas, send me some shots! :)

Thank you for your kind words, Paul!

Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice work Kathleen. I enjoy your emphasis on curves and color. I shot a calla lily recently and it came out great! Congrats and keep them coming!

Eric

Kathleen Clemons said...

Hi Eric,

Thanks very much!

Kathleen